The DBA program offered by Ascencia Business School / Collège de Paris International, is a fully-fledged doctoral degree designed to provide professionals with the necessary tools to contribute to applied science in the various fields of management and business administration.
Our carefully tailored DBA program focuses on practical experience rather than pure academic research, making it suitable for individuals looking to advance their careers and bring economic and social value to the international community. This is achieved through a tailor-made coaching and supervision by our international doctoral faculty team.
Navigate through this page to uncover the many facets of our dynamic program. Don’t forget to Download our DBA Booklet for an in-depth exploration of the program structure, educational methods, integration in the research community and the professional world, and more.
MAXIMIZE YOUR POTENTIALS
Take your career to the next level, and bring economic and social value to the international community.
Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA)
Our DBA program is designed to accommodate full-time professionals and offers a flexible structure that combines distance work with several on-site seminars and workshops, in addition to participation in relevant symposiums, colloquiums, or conferences.
The program emphasizes the ability to conduct original investigations, test ideas, and understand the wider field of knowledge related to the chosen research theme. It encourages independent thinking and the application of research findings to practical business scenarios. The core program consists of four seminars and workshops focused on different aspects of research methodology.
The DBA candidate is required to show his or her ability to conduct original investigations; test, apply and examine his or her own ideas as well as others, and understand the relationship between his or her theme and a wider field of knowledge. As such, the degree will be granted based entirely on a personal thesis of approximately 50,000 words in length (and of no less than 40,000 words). Quality of research, however, is the single most important factor for awarding the DBA degree, not length.
The DBA program is designed for professionals who possess significant experience and expertise in the field of management and business administration. The program is best suited for individuals who are seeking to enhance their knowledge, skills, and capabilities in order to advance their careers and make significant contributions to their respective fields. The following prerequisites are required for admission:
- Master’s level degree
- Detailed resume (CV) showcasing relevant professional experience.
- List of publications (if applicable)
- Preliminary research proposal (of at least 500 words in .doc / .docx format); and
- Two letters of recommendation demonstrating the ability to conduct research work.
The DBA program is designed to be completed within a typical duration of 3 years, providing candidates with ample time to engage in advanced research in their chosen area of specialization.
However, for candidates who demonstrate exceptional progress and meet specific criteria, there may be fast-track options available which allow candidates to accelerate their progress through the program and complete the requirements in a shorter timeframe.
The diploma is delivered by Ascencia Business School, founding member of Collège de Paris, and a private educational institution officially recognized by the French Government. Upon request the diploma can also be linked to a fully accredited degree recognized in over 100 countries: Operational Activity Manager – RNCP35585.
STRUCTURE AND CORE MODULES
The first phase of the core DBA program begins with attending the seminars for the essential modules that cover key research methodologies and the dissertation writing process. These modules are typically completed within the first 12 to 18 months, marking the accomplishment of milestone 1 in the program. Throughout this phase, candidates would also start drafting a revised comprehensive research proposal, which must be submitted at most 3 to 6 months after completing the core modules and requires approval before proceeding to the remaining research work. This marks milestone 2, and during the aforesaid period, candidates are assigned a supervisor for guidance. The next phase spans 12 to 18 months, during which candidates conduct their primary research work, develop their thesis manuscript, and maintain communication and coordination with their advisor. Once the advisor determines the thesis is ready for defense, milestone 3 is achieved. The final milestone, milestone 4, is attained when the candidate successfully defends their thesis in front of the jury.
The candidates enrolled at DBA program with specialization in Performance Arts Management, are required to undertake additional seminar modules or courseware. These supplementary components are typically organized after the core modules and throughout the candidates’ research journey.
It’s important to note that the timeframes mentioned for each milestone may vary depending on individual progress and program requirements. The program structure and milestones are designed to ensure a comprehensive and rigorous research experience for DBA candidates.
The DBA program is structured around a comprehensive curriculum that comprises three interrelated core modules, which are essential for all candidates, and an optional research-focused module that allows individuals to specialize in their area of interest. These modules are delivered through intensive and interactive 3-day on-site seminars, providing a dynamic learning environment for participants.
- Writing the Dissertation and Literature Review: Guides candidates in the process of writing and defending a comprehensive dissertation.
- Qualitative Methods for Business Research: Explores qualitative research methodologies and techniques for business-related investigations.
- Quantitative Methods for Business Research: Covers quantitative research methods and statistical analysis applicable to business research.
- Special Topics (Optional): Offers an opportunity for interested candidates to delve deeper into specific topics related to their research work.
Furthermore, the program emphasizes the importance of active engagement and integration into research practices and the broader business community. As such, DBA candidates are required to participate in relevant symposiums, colloquiums, or conferences organized by CABMR or other credible research labs or centers, etc. Participation in such events offers valuable opportunities to showcase research findings, exchange knowledge and ideas with peers, receive constructive feedback from experts, and connect with professionals from various industries.
In line with our commitment to excellence and international partnerships, our DBA program also features a double-degree initiative in collaboration with the American Imperial University (Florida, United States of America) through a special Doctor of Business Administration in Strategic Leadership program which allow candidates to explore some of the greatest strategic challenges and opportunities facing business today and start applying the findings to corporate scenarios.
The double-degree track is reserved for a select number of qualifying eligible candidates and supplements the core DBA program with a focus on cultivating expertise in strategic leadership. To be eligible to pursue this path, candidates must first be enrolled in the English core DBA program and must demonstrate excellent ability to meet the program requirements and academic standards, and must as well exhibit a high level of intellectual curiosity and a commitment. This exciting opportunity would allow those eligible to earn a DBA in Strategic Leadership as a second degree alongside their core DBA, further enhancing their academic and professional profile.
In addition to the core program, eligible candidates for the double-degree DBA in Strategic Leadership are required to complete four additional courses, delivered and assessed directly by recognized faculty from the American Imperial University.
- Risk Management: Comprehensive study of theoretical foundations and practical tools to strategically balance risks and ensure sustainability in challenging situations.
- Organizational Development: Expanding scholar-practitioners’ capacities for positive change in organizations and communities through inclusive leadership and multidisciplinary integration of human and organizational systems.
- Leadership, Ethics, and Corporate Governance: Introduction to academic literature on leadership, ethics, and corporate governance, exploring theories, practical applications, decision-making influences, and ethical analysis.
- Strategies for Business Development: Equipping doctoral students with knowledge and skills to develop and implement effective business strategies, covering market analysis, competitive positioning, product development, innovation, and global expansion.
Our DBA program also offers a specialized track in PERFORMING ARTS MANAGEMENT, in parallel and in complements to the core program. This specialization provides candidates with the opportunity to engage with esteemed academics and industry professionals in the fields of music, dance, and theater. The curriculum covers a diverse range of subjects, including performance science and well-being, the management of costume and set design, and special topics in performing arts management. An integral aspect of this specialization is the practical application of business theory, with a strong focus on addressing real-world challenges and enhancing organizational performance within the performing arts industry.
In addition to the core program, the DBA specialization in Performing Arts Management requires the completion of four additional core modules:
- Management Practices for the Performing Arts: Explore effective management strategies specific to the performing arts industry.
- Themes in the Philosophy of the Performing Arts: Examine the philosophical underpinnings and cultural significance of the performing arts.
- Principles of Performance Science: Apply scientific principles to optimize performers’ abilities and well-being.
- Managing Costume, Set, and Stage Design: Develop skills in managing and coordinating design elements for impactful performances.